June 1, 2020 Update: Idaho has now entered Phase 3 of reopening. For our market this means the return of temporary vendors, live music, seating areas and lessened crowd control. Curbside Pickup is also suspended. We continue to ask that people social distance, consider wearing masks, and stay home if you’re feeling ill.
Farmers’ Markets have been deemed an essential business by the State of Idaho, and as such, we will be starting our 2020 season in Hayden on Saturday, May 9th.
Although we know the market atmosphere will be different this year, we are grateful for your loyalty and your patronage. The Kootenai County Farmers’ Market Board of Directors has implemented the following COVID-19 modifications to start off the season:
Our vendors have been asked to follow best practices:
- To set their booth to allow 6 feet of space between customers and vendors.
- Discourage group gatherings.
- Have one vendor handle product; one to handle money.
- Use surfaces that can be disinfected and sanitized.
- Wear gloves and masks.
For now, we ask that you think of our Market as an “outdoor” grocery store…get in, shop, get out. While we know a huge part of the Market is social, we ask that you respect the guidelines below and minimize your time at the Market.
- We strongly encouraging social distancing while in market.
- Extra hand washing stations and hand sanitizer will be available for customers and vendors.
Please be patient as we all navigate these challenging times. We look forward to seeing you, healthy and safe, at the Market!