- 4 whole pears cut in half and cored
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp butter (or more, as needed)
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice or cider (for bottom of pan only)
- walnuts, dried cherries or dried cranberries (optional)
- Freshly whipped cream (optional) for garnish
Place in greased 9" square pan.
Combine oats, sugar, spices and butter until crumbly.
Stuff pears letting excess fall into pan.
Pour 3/4 cup apple juice into pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, basting with juice from the bottom of the pan after 30 minutes. Add more juice if necessary.
Cool 30 minutes before serving.